General preferences may be set by going to the home page and select the Preferences link in toolbar navigation. This page will allow you to set:
- Activity stream feeds - Number of activity feeds shown in profile page only. This setting is only for an individual Profile Page, it does not work on Frontpage, Groups, or Events activity feeds
- Profile Likes - Select whether profile visitors will be able to Like profile
- Profile View - Who can see the profile
- Your profile URL - Users will able to choose their unique profile URL.
Privacy Settings will allow the user to control various privacy settings in the user's profile. These options are:
- Friends - Control who will be able to see the friends of user.
- Photos - Determine who will be able to see user’s albums and all of the photos in it. Remember, this is actually the entire album privacy option; photos inherit the privacy of the album. You can also apply the same setting to all albums.
- Videos - Govern who will be able to see videos of user.
- My groups list - Sets who will be able to see the groups list of user. This option will only control the groups list on profile.
Emails and Notifications
Settings here allow the user to specify the user's own preferences regarding the kind of notifications that would be generated for the individual profile and overriding the defaults set in the site. There are two types of notifications which users can control. Email notifications are those sent by email, while the On-Site notification generates alerts in the Toolbar's general notification action.
It's a simple list of all users who are blocked by the profile owner.